Sunday, September 25, 2016

Stop Hiding and Start Living





There is a book called The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart by Daphne Rose Kingma. I highly recommend it.  It helped me so much and is one that I will read many times. Mine is highlighted and marked up.  

In it she talks about how your crisis is here to teach you how to integrate whatever is hard for you to accept.  It is so hard to accept some things in our lives, but when we do, it is then that we start to be transformed.  If we resist and refuse to accept what is, then we live in fear and silent desperation. Weirdly   when we accept the bad and integrate it as part of our life experience, then we can learn what it is teaching us.  Also, there is such peace in letting go of resistance.

I've been in both places and believe me, opening your heart to the lessons and letting go of what you thought your life should look like is the start of feeling so much better.  I've been in that place of trying to hide what was happening in my life.  Hoping no one knew how bad it really was.  I was pretty successful for along time, but it about killed me.  I retreated to eating and watching too much Netflix and staying in my house way to much.  It felt safe, but the price of that safety was too high.  It didn't help me or anyone else.  Mitch once told me. "Mom, as long as you're hiding it, you won't ever be able to accept it."  He was right.

Part of the reason for this blog is to hopefully help myself and you to stop hiding and start accepting and working on transformation.  Start reaching out for help and stop worrying about what others think.  We are all in this together, so maybe we should start acting like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment